Friday, May 4, 2012

Almost Finished!!

I can't believe that I will be picking Louie up from the airport tomorrow afternoon, and we will begin our road trip adventure through Mexico!!  I am so excited; I'm glad that I had a lot to do today so that this day is going by fast!!!

On Wednesday, I had my last day of volunteering at the after school program.  We had a little party to celebrate International Children's Day (April 30), and like usual, my dad generously gave me some money to spend on the kids.  As a teacher, of course I bought them all two books to keep at home and also plenty of new books for the classroom.  And treats too!!  But as I predicted, the cupcakes were very popular, but not nearly as popular as the books!!  The kids were so excited to get to take home two books of their very own!
Cupcakes!!
Carefully selecting books
Such cuties!!
Thursday, I was feeling adventurous, and I still had one more new beach to check off my list, so I took a water taxi out to Yelapa.  I had heard a ton of great things about this beach, and it definitely lived up to my expectations.  First, the boat ride was super fun.  I had to text Louie immediately to tell him to start saving his money to buy us a boat!  We would be so popular :)

 The beach was very beautiful, but the real highlight of the trip was the little town of Yelapa.  There are no cars there, so the village only has sidewalks, no roads.  It was super cute.  I also took a little hike to see a really cute waterfall.  It was a really nice day, and I totally want to take my family there next time we visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment