Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Our new home!

Our apartment in Valle Dorado
For the past week, Maya have been staying with Ricardo and Antonio at Ricardo's lovely house in Valle Dorado (sort of a suburb of Puerto Vallarta).  Maya had mixed feelings about staying there since she liked the boys when they fed her chicken, but she hated them if they came within 10 feet of me!!  Valle Dorado was a really cute and safe neighborhood with mostly families living there.  In the evenings, kids would ride their bikes in the street, and everyone was out sitting on porches or walking around and talking.  The atmosphere was great, but I really needed to live closer to my school in downtown Puerto Vallarta.


Maya guarding the bed!

We moved yesterday to our new apartment in Colonial Centro, Puerto Vallarta!  We are 3 blocks from the beach and about 5 blocks from my school.  The apartment is a super cute studio with an enclosed garden that Maya loves to play in.  We are happily settled now after a trip to Walmart today for some groceries and a few essentials.  I also took my placement test for Spanish school today.  I am very excited to start next week!
Our new apartment!

Besides apartment searching, Maya and I have been keeping busy mostly at the beach!
Hanging with Antonio and Saul.
Maya's first trip to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment