Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hanging in PV

After Maya and I moved into our new apartment, I had a week before my classes started to just hang out and enjoy Puerto Vallarta.  In addition to Maya and I's daily walks to the beach and setting up the apartment, I have had a few other adventures as well. 

Last Monday, I went with Antonio and Ricardo and some other friends to a nearby town called Sayulita for a night of salsa dancing!  There was a live Cuban band and everyone was dancing.  And since I went there with four Mexican boys and two others met us there, I was never without a dance partner!!  Actually, I barely had a minute to sit down for a rest!  I will be an excellent salsa dancer by the end of this four months!!

On Friday, Antonio and I checked out the Puerto Vallarta Zoo.  It is a few miles outside of Puerto Vallarta, so we took a very scenic bus ride along the coast to get there.  The zoo was quite different than a zoo in America.  We could get so close to the animals and even feed them!  Also, I got to play with three baby tigers and two baby monkeys! 


For the Superbowl on Sunday, I went to a bar owned Antonio's friend Cesar to watch the game.  It was fun, but unfortunately, they were watching the game on a Canadian channel, so there were no good commercials!  I had to watch the best ones on-line the next day.

On Monday, my last day of vacation before starting school, Saul and I headed to Punta de Mita for surfing lessons!  It was my first time surfing, but I think I had a great teacher because I actually could stand up on the board almost every time I tried!  It took me about half of the wave to actually stand up, but I was able to stand for a while.  It was so fun, but my arms were so tired from paddling!!

Also, I wanted to add a few more pictures around my apartment.  It is such a beautiful area; Maya and I chose our apartment well!


Outside the apartment.
Our view of the ocean.
The walkway up to our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment