Sunday, July 1, 2012

The finale....finally!!

Well, Louie and I did manage to get lost on our way to Guanajuato, of course.  We actually somehow ended up going a completely different way, but we did eventually make it.  Our hotel was cute and within walking distance from downtown.  There were full length mirrors on the closet doors, and Maya spent pretty much the entire time protecting us from that vicious looking dog behind the mirror.  It was super entertaining :)  Guanajuato is a completely adorable city in the mountains, and one of the most fun things that we did there was take a trolley up one of the hillsides for a fantastic view.  But more importantly, I wanted to visit the "kissing street,"  home of a very famous Mexican legend
Callejon del Beso!!

We had a pretty uneventful drive back to Puerto Vallarta, especially since we let Maya navigate!!  Louie was confident that her relative silence and occasional barking would be more effective than my attempts to give directions.  We enjoyed our last night in Puerto Vallarta with a walk along the ocean, drinks at my favorite ocean side bar (the Cheeky Monkey), a last minute tequila purchase, and a poolside dinner and swim at our hotel. 
Maya in charge of navigating.
It is so crazy to think that I have been home for 6 weeks already!!  My sabbatical year went so fast, and this summer doesn't appear to be going any slower.  But Louie and I are enjoying our new apartment (yes, our relationship survived!!) and all of the fun things that summer in Chicago brings, and I am looking forward to going back to teaching in the fall.  Thank you to all of my loyal readers!!  Keeping this blog has been a lot of fun, and I am so happy that I now have such a great record of my trip!!  Adios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment